Dr. Sandra Bell
Head of Resiliency Consulting
Dr Sandra Bell, Head of Resilience Consulting (Europe)
A risk and resilience professional with over 30 years’ experience of the design and management of strategic, business friendly resilience, security, continuity and risk solutions in public and private sectors. Experience ranges from: the management of security and the protection of data within the UK’s main business process outsourcer to the financial and government sectors; to the protection of the largest part of the UK’s critical national infrastructure. Additionally, designed and managed the security for Team USA’s High Performance Training Centres during the London 2012 Olympics.
Main achievements include:
- Advisor to UK Government on the creation of the National Security Strategy and the National Information Assurance Strategy.
- Chairman of the British Standards Institute’s committee on Societal Security Management looking after risk management, business continuity, asset management and PCI standards at both the national and international level. Tenure of this role included looking after the fundamentals of the international standard on business continuity ISO22301.
- Developed, implemented and operated enterprise wide risk and compliance capabilities within a number of organisations allowing them to: manage compliance obligations; offer trustworthy, robust and cost effective solutions; and significantly reduce financial and reputation losses
- Incident commander for a number large scale incidents including DDoS attacks and severe flooding incidents.
- Delivered comprehensive security solutions at three Olympic Venues including Team USA’s High Performance Training Centre and the China Central Television’s UK operation. All three venues enjoyed a security incident free Olympics despite hosting Michelle Obama, the US Basketball team and visits by several Heads of State.
- Identified the injury mechanism associated with explosive blast and patented a material system that now forms the basis of all modern bomb disposal equipment.
Sandra has many peer reviewed publications and 2 patents. Her views are also sought by the international media and Sandra regularly gives TV, radio, magazine and newspaper interviews. Sandra is an accomplished speaker and is often invited to give keynote and after dinner speeches on subjects ranging from the Global Security Threat to Technology Innovation.